The Wintertime Blues!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, Wintertime. The evil season in which nothing grows.

As gardeners, how do you deal with it? What do you do to satisfy the gardening itch?

I, personally, use the time to work on smaller projects that get overwhelmed in the spring. Things like rock and moss gardens keep me sane until I can start working with the succulents again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I generally craft during winter to keep my mind off the season. Plants aren't in the mood to grow so I keep them maintained and just craft like crazy to substitute the dullness. You could do some crafty stuff in relation to your garden prep for this coming spring, like making mosaic/painted pots, ect which would look awesome once spring comes along.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Currently, I'm in the middle of a move, so I don't have much free time. But as soon as I buy the most necessary things, I'll go to the nearest gardening store and I'll find some lovely plants for my new apartment. I dream about orchids!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will purchase a new plant to add to the plant family and work on that plant and the others until Spring gets here. I am happy that our winter is short about 90 days, we are almost half way thru winter. I has been cold, no snow yet. January and February are our coldest months and most like winter months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Gardening, just inside. Starting seeds and figuring out ways to improve my greenhouses and cold frames come the spring.

Learning, learning, learning.

Checking out new ideas. Youtubing and sorting out silly from seriuos.

sometimes i just go and stand in my empty greenhouse. Enjoy the quiet.

Tryng not to hit the "add to cart" button while visiting garden supply sites.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Days are getting longer :)

Ask a Question