The Wild Garden Thread

Reaction score
I love this idea, my in laws actually have a pond that attracts a lot frogs and other reptiles :) It's also full of goldfish, so some native birds from that part of the country (big strong ones) often get their lunch from there ;) Which is good, because they keep the pond from overpopulating. I'd totally love to get a pond actually, but I just don't have enough space. Dutch houses are s tiny and practical, lol. Maybe in the future we can get a pond in the front yard.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@InvasiveCreeper I have a wildlife garden. It's more accurately called a native garden in my case. All of my plants are native (with minor exceptions) and benefit local insect and animal species. Its the best kind of garden to have. I lay a few logs around for toads and insects to hide under, and they use them frequently. I drill holes in some logs for Leafcutter bees to nest in. I have smaller native gardens under four of my birdhouses, too.

Feel free to check out my showcase if you'd like. I have a list of plants and photos. The garden is still young, in year two, but still year one for most of the plants. I'm expecting a lot more plants to flower next year for the first time.

Ask a Question