The "what I should do in my garden today" thread

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We have a thread for what we DID in our gardens, how about one for the procrastinators!

I have a lemon that needs to be put in the ground before I lose it. Need to replace log seating around the fire pit and desperately need to rake leaves. I have some shady spots I need to clean out and plant something in, or mulch them. And I have several trees that need thinning and maybe one or two to fell. Lots of minor things could go on that list as well, but those are the big ones.

What's on your list and likely to remain there a bit!?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I usually start my seeds a little after the first day of Spring, and I have not done that yet. I suppose I could remove some of the leaves from the flowerbed. (Last year I waited too long, and several of my plants were growing all folded up and white under their winter cover.)

likely to remain there a bit!?

Also likely to remain a bit - wait for warm weather, wait for warm weather, and then I have to wait for warm weather.

This time of year, I am quite jealous of you overheated southerners. Then, I remind myself of @DirtMechanic's "Air you can wear!" and it makes it all better!! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I usually start my seeds a little after the first day of Spring, and I have not done that yet. I suppose I could remove some of the leaves from the flowerbed. (Last year I waited too long, and several of my plants were growing all folded up and white under their winter cover.)

Also likely to remain a bit - wait for warm weather, wait for warm weather, and then I have to wait for warm weather.

This time of year, I am quite jealous of you overheated southerners. Then, I remind myself of @DirtMechanic's "Air you can wear!" and it makes it all better!! :ROFLMAO:
And bugs! Do not forget the bugs!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need to prune my apple tree and add a thick layer of organic matter under it. And build my raised bed, cut up some branches, chip some clippings, wait for my early plantings to emerge so I can plant more because I can't remember where I planted anything.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It seems yesterday and overnight my potato's exploded out of the ground, so now I need to layer up. Add it to the list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Chives
6130​
1​
$3.65​
The Royal Wedding Climbing Snapdragon Mixture
8470​
1​
$3.95​
The Double Click Cosmos Mixture
7311​
1​
$4.05​
Black Velvet Nasturtium
8230​
1​
$4.05​
Milkmaid Nasturtium
8210​
1​
$3.95​
The Queen Lime Zinnia Mixture
8980​
1​
$4.25​
The Zahara Zinnia Mixture
Ordered above today---all of them will directly go into pots after the last freeze. I love mixing the Black and Milkmaid Nasturtium together. other than those, later will get some impatient plugs to plant after mother's day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ugh, reading the thread for ambitious people who get things done... Now I need to add filling in low spots/ruts in my lawn. To service ground some stumps last year and left ruts. Need filled in and sod plugs added.

Ask a Question