The war has begun!

Reaction score
Country
United States
The war over my back yard has begun today! I got a brush attachment for my weed whacker, a machete and kids! Tally Ho!! It's not much, but we got rained out a couple of hours after starting.

Still have 1 raised garden, more of the palm stuff and a crap load of asian jasmine to get rid of, but it's a start!

20170521_193241.jpg
20170521_193307.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
In that first pic there are three trees on the left of the image. One of them seems to have an extreme loss of bark. If that's correct, it seems like a candidate for chopping down.

Reaction score
Country
United States
In that first pic there are three trees on the left of the image. One of them seems to have an extreme loss of bark. If that's correct, it seems like a candidate for chopping down.
I'm digging through little by little. I saw the bark missing, but I want to get the yard cleared before I get started on much of anything else. It doesn't look like rot or anything that makes the tree dangerous, so it seems I've got a minute before I get to it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Nytr0, if you want to get rid of more of the "palm stuff" and save yourself some effort, why not post it on Freecycle, with photos and the caveat that the recipient has to come and dig and carry it off.
When you get takers, make sure you watch them carefully while they are digging, and that they don't completely strip an area.
By the way, you are making good progress! Was the irrigation for the raised bed in place, or did you add it? Either way, that's going to be a nice little garden!(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@marlingardener is right. We usually have very good response on Freecycle. As soon as an item is advertised, there is a taker..

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nytr0, if you want to get rid of more of the "palm stuff" and save yourself some effort, why not post it on Freecycle, with photos and the caveat that the recipient has to come and dig and carry it off.
When you get takers, make sure you watch them carefully while they are digging, and that they don't completely strip an area.
By the way, you are making good progress! Was the irrigation for the raised bed in place, or did you add it? Either way, that's going to be a nice little garden!(y)
Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks! I inherited all of this, I can't take credit for any of it. I really want to get it back to what I imagine it was before.

Put the ad on freecycle. Just waiting to hear back. If this works, it will save me some headache.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been gifted a bird table and the lady was so nice that she actually delivered it to me. I gave her some of my irises and one in a pot with flowers .. Nice to be able to give something back in return.

Ask a Question