The right time to start seedlings

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm starting to plan my veggie and herb garden. I'm going to grow basil, cucumber, pumpkin, spinach and tomatos. I modified a egg carton for my seedlings. (See pic attached) I'm going to start them inside because freezes are still regular. I would like to know when I should start them, I'm was planning to start them this week, but I understand some seeds might need more or less time before their ready to get planted. Also, does anyone know where I can find out how many square feet I'll need for each plant?

Thanks for the advise,

THM_18

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 410
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Thomson, the best time to start them will depend on where you live (which zone). Have you ever heard of sproutrobot? You can actually go to the web site, tell them where you live and what you want to grow and they will send you email alerts when it's time to plant: http://sproutrobot.com/

Reaction score
ChanellG I have been looking for this website everywhere. Thank you so much for this link. I bookmarked it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
ChanellG I have been looking for this website everywhere. Thank you so much for this link. I bookmarked it.

You're quite welcome; glad the link was of use to you. If you have a Twitter account, you may want to follow them there as well.

Ask a Question