The right plant for this planter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've got this hanging planter:

Planter2.jpg

It doesn't have a drain tray on its underside - only a hole with a no-leak plastic plug.

I tried growing Wandering Jew clippings in it. I thought they would grow anywhere. They didn't. Maybe I wasn't supplying the right amount of water. It's hard to tell, without that drain tray.

What would be a good indoor plant for this kind of planter? Preferably something low-maintenance, not too picky about wet or dry, etc.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I might suggest the spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum). Very low maintenance. Very easy to get started from cuttings.

This one has been hanging outside on my Texas porch all winter through some 14 deg F and 11 deg. F temps. Not bad for winter and no maintenance?

spider plant.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I might suggest the spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum). Very low maintenance. Very easy to get started from cuttings.

This one has been hanging outside on my Texas porch all winter through some 14 deg F and 11 deg. F temps. Not bad for winter and no maintenance?

View attachment 94259
These grow anywhere literally - given ample to partial lighting, and occasional watering. :)

Ask a Question