The recipe you wanted meowmie :)

Reaction score
This post is dedicated to @Meowmie, who asked me for the recipe of a very peculiar sauce, mostly used for seafood and fix, but can make a great decoration as well ;)

SALSA BRUJA

saboresV-05-157790-salsa-de-brujas_2500_640x360_20747331687.jpg

A bottle like the one shown in the pic
Enough vinegar (white one) to fill said bottle (not much because the herbs and veggies are very bulky anyway)
Garlic (two cloves should be enough)
1 ''serrano'' chili cut in two
1 dry red chili
Some marjoram
1 red chili (not dry)
some bay leaves
some thyme
red onion (not much)
Clove

Just stuff those ingredients inside the bottle, then fill with the vinegar. Leave that untouched for a whole month. If you want this only for decoration purposes only @Meowmie then just leave it like that for as long as you want ;)

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the recipe !:love: I will be making them for decoration only since I can not (dietary restrictions) eat anything spicy or acidic, but I LOVE the way they look, and oh, my, so easy to make!

I suppose if I'm not going to use it in cooking I can put in other pretty colored things, too. Can't wait to have this sitting in my windowsill!

Reaction score
I'm so glad you are going to try it, please take a pic once you do, I'd love to see how it looks sitting in your windowsill! Oh, by the way, the recipe doesn't mention it, but you can use carrots too, that would add a lot color ;)

Reaction score
This is bound to be a silly question but is it okay to use a cap on there or do I have to use a cork? I can't tell from the picture.

Reaction score
Not at all, Carolyn :) If you want the sauce for edible purposes, then you would use what I'd usually use when canning, I personally prefer caps for that. But if this is done for decorative purposes only a cork would be an excellent finishing touch!

Ask a Question