the power of the axe!

Reaction score
My sister and I are gardening newbs and used to spending 99% of our time indoors but this season we decided to try our hand at gardening. Neither of us had a clue where to start and our only tool for awhile was an axe but boy was it effective! We used it to weed, pull up roots and bushes, till, and dig beds into the side of the steep hill that is our backyard. I'm sure there are "proper tools" but for us it's our go-to and super fun to swing around. I'm sure I'm also gaining IRL skill points in strength and dexterity so win win. <3

Reaction score
Awesome! Glad you found a very creative way to fight the weeds and dig up roots :D I'm the kind of person who tries to use whatever she has nearby to get things done. Nothing wrong with that at all, plus all those specific tools used for gardening just tend to accumulate. Back when I started gardening I bought all the tools I thought I needed, but later I found out I could have been good with only one.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very creative use of what you have right now to get the job done. I have used a large spoon to dig up weeds and holes to plant seeds for new plants. I once used the scissors to trim the grass. It's fun to do something different every once in awhile.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm very creative when it comes to using scissors, I can do anything with them, including digging holes:p
As for axes, I've never had one. I'm a little scared of them, because they're heavy and sharp and I can be quite clumsy sometimes:) So I stay away from them, I'll rather be safe than sorry.

Ask a Question