The most famous tomato sauce?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
4 items. Actually it sounds good as is. To tell you the truth I could not ever make it as directed. I would always have to add something extra.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Me too. There are classic combinations for some foods. What herbs goes best with tomato?
Besides garlic cloves, I throw in basil and oregano. fennel is good also but watch that one, just a little is good. some red pepper if you want a little kick works also. I never saute my garlic first, but though it in later, keeps it sweeter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I cut up my tomatoes, put on large sheet pan and roast in a hot oven with olive oil, fresh basil, oregano, garlic cloves, salt and sometimes crushed red pepper flakes. Roast till soft and most liquid cooked down and then puree. That's how I preserved all my tomatoes last year.
Do they become "tangy" like sundried tomato flavor?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Without the crushed red, it makes a very thick , sweet sauce. I don't even peel the tomatoes, just core and quarter or leave whole if small.

Ask a Question