The modern battery tool repair

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
IMG_20200725_175958_resize_15.jpg
IMG_20200725_175925_resize_20.jpg

Do you know Lithium Polymer or LiPo chargers? Is "Balancing" part of your lingo? Its coming. At least I am not rebuilding another 2 cycle carb. That gets my fingers greasy.

I understand the remote control toy hobbists have deep knowledge about this power drill battery. Or my strimmer.

I would appreciate it if you could glue one of them down long enough to get a decent post about cell replacement procedures out of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
@DirtMechanic you got me on this one. Is balancing the same as, or similar to, load balancing? I recall that from power electronics (think grid level) and DC power supply design - both were 400 level classes as I got a EE degree. I have only touched that stuff a few times since. Now I'll have to pull out some text books.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I found out there was nothingwrong with the batteries, rather it was the board that they call "bpm" for battery power management. I gather it is very common for the bpm to fail. I also found out my local tv repairman was interested in the business.

Ask a Question