The Harbor Freight 10X12 greenhouse......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
......is a great investment but it does have 2 design flaws. The sliding door is "a joke" and the clips they furnish to "secure" the panels leaves quite a bit to be desired....in the event of strong winds.
20200307_090348.jpg
The greenhouse withstood Hurricane Michael AND (less than 3 wks later) a close tornado. BOTH events distributed greenhouse panels in the surrounding neighhood. "The fix" on page 2

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've wondered about their greenhouse. Not that I plan on getting a greenhouse, but I was curious of the quality.
It's a bit hit or miss there. I've gotten some things there that have lasted forever, and some things were complete duds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've wondered about their greenhouse. Not that I plan on getting a greenhouse, but I was curious of the quality.
It's a bit hit or miss there. I've gotten some things there that have lasted forever, and some things were complete duds.
This one. JB, definitely gives you a LOT of bang for your buck. We are less than 90 miles (as the crow flies) from Hurricane Michael's landfall, and were, ALMOST directly in its path.......and while it blew out the panels and gave the frame a LITTLE twist, it's still up and running. Do plan on putting up the wood frame for and doors this weekend. Only thing left after that will be revamping the roof.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This afternoon, I took the factory "sliding" (tongue in cheek) doors off. Tomorrow, the framing and new, SWINGING doors will go up
20200312_180441.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good to know! I will be finishing my "greenhouse" this weekend, but was curious aboiut those to use as a seed-starting room for next year. I'll definitely get a smaller one for that when I can. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The last phase.......removing, cleaning, reinstalling the greenhouse roof panels; securing them with the long construction braces. Had to use a 10', an 8' and a 6' ladder to get the job done.
20200320_190335.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question