zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've got late season blight :(

Sprayed with Bordeaux mixture, but that will only slow it down, won't stop it now.

Still, at least had some tomatoes

Reaction score
that's very sad :(

This has been a bad year for powdery mildew and blackspot here - plants I didn't even know were susceptible are being affected. My pumpkins were taken early, so I know your pain ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh no:( I'm very sorry that this happened to you:( Nasty powdery mildew keeps attacking my miniature roses, so I know how you feel. It's so awful. But don't give up, maybe it will get better, who knows. Plants, plant's diseases, gardens and nature in general are unpredictable:)

Reaction score
that's very sad :(

This has been a bad year for powdery mildew and blackspot here - plants I didn't even know were susceptible are being affected. My pumpkins were taken early, so I know your pain ;)

I think I have powdery mildew on my gourd plants. I was thinking "if only" I had used Chanell's aspirin water remedy two months ago...but I didn't know! :( Anyway, my pumpkin still seems to be healthy and I'm thankful for that. I wonder, sometimes, if next season I'll remember and take the time to use the many skills that are displayed on this forum!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no, sorry to hear that zigs! :( I know you were being super vigilant about it too, that sucks.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's not so bad, the spray seems to be holding it back, tomatoes are still ripening. Think its worse when its really wet, seems to take out the plants overnight.

This was the crop a few years back in a wet year.

And this is what the blight did to them in a few days.

Reaction score
Aw man Zigs, that broke my heart. :( You had such a large harvest in the previous year. That tomato blight is horrible.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It is a bit of a pain, just as they're ripening. Not grown so many this year though, so will have no trouble getting through them.:)

Ask a Question