The down side to living......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
......90 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.......It's February 7, it's 2:30 p.m., and it's 76°. The weather, this time of year, goes all out to fool "rabid" gardeners. I KNOW better and have past roller coaster "scars" to prove it.......BUT, did soothe the dirt digging desire, today,
by getting all the beds ready.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The high temp yesterday was 79. The temp here this morning at 6 o'clock was 70. It is now 3:30 and the temp is 54. The low is supposed to be 40 tonight and for the next 2 days then back up to the mid 60's for lows on Sunday and highs of 70's. It has been very warm with 1 or 2 cold days in between since winter began. My fruit trees are starting to bud. 2 months early. Just wait, they will bloom and then it will freeze, big time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 7/RHS H5
Country
United Kingdom
jet stream takes us from hot to cold.
I think that is an exageration! Cold to not so cold is more like it. The car said 6°c on the way into work yesterday - liar! I had to go home and grab my bodywarmer - two t-shirts, one sweatshirt, one bodywarmer and a coat. So no danger of me getting carried away just yet!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Several times I have thought about putting out more seeds, but the winter crop items I have out now have not sprouted so holding off for now.
Instead of running steers this year, we have been thinking about plowing it all up and putting in one massive crop of watermelon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
" The downside of living 90 miles from Gulf of Mexico" how are the bugs there? Over the years we have roamed about for a possible 2nd home, and ruled out a few states that have too many bugs in the summer. BTW have relatives who live in Gulfport Miss.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I live up in PA, southern part, and love the area. don't know of any downside to this area. As I do love colder weather. It only gets really hot here for a couple weeks in August. A couple beautiful snow falls in winter. The season changes are beautiful.

Ask a Question