Thanksgiving, USA, 2020

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Happy Thanksgiving to all the USA members. Be safe. Staying home this year , making all the traditional items. Found a nice small, 9 lb, Turkey. So just plenty for the two of us. First retired Thanksgiving for me in a long time that I don't working about staffing issues, etc. Have enough wine to settle in for a few days. Cheers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks and the same in return - a little belated. Being careful and masking up, but also retired so round here the virus has not really affected our way of life too much. TG dinner was a small affair, smaller turkey too. Can't spit without hitting a winery here, plus we have one of those wine vaults so with about 160 bottles we're good. We can see Red Mountain from our front window. Plenty of good microbrews and we have Ukegs too so we're in good shape there as well. Next up, Christmas! But that's a prime rib roast thing for us. Stay safe and healthy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I am considering out for a dinner on Christmas Eve. then make something easy Christmas Day. I love Prime rib, husband does not eat beef anymore. So probably Salmon something.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I doubt there will be any indoor restaurant dining by then here, even if we wanted to. They just shut it down again and it's way too cold for outdoor dining now. My wife is not keen on Salmon, which is a shame because we live by the Columbia River, but she does like fishing for them, among other fish. We also catch Steelhead, Walleye, Bass, Perch, Crappie, Bluegill, etc. plus people catch Sturgeon here but we don't fish for them. She will eat Steelhead (similar to Salmon but milder flavor) but only if it's pretty much right out of the water and onto the grill! Walleye is one of her favorites. When we get Salmon, I'll eat some and smoke the rest. Hot smoked - not the cold smoked wet Lox type.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I doubt there will be any indoor restaurant dining by then here, even if we wanted to. They just shut it down again and it's way too cold for outdoor dining now. My wife is not keen on Salmon, which is a shame because we live by the Columbia River, but she does like fishing for them, among other fish. We also catch Steelhead, Walleye, Bass, Perch, Crappie, Bluegill, etc. plus people catch Sturgeon here but we don't fish for them. She will eat Steelhead (similar to Salmon but milder flavor) but only if it's pretty much right out of the water and onto the grill! Walleye is one of her favorites. When we get Salmon, I'll eat some and smoke the rest. Hot smoked - not the cold smoked wet Lox type.
Open Table let me make reservations for Christmas Eve, so I did. my back up will be homemade manicotti.
was looking at doing this for Christmas Day------https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/coulibiac-salmon-with-pickled-beets-and-kale?fbclid=IwAR0wU5JH1k2jDtjIKQFuWZBf0391JE9J7ZBm-kvEdqGSr5FL0jBtFUDfANU

Last edited:

Ask a Question