Tequila Sunrise Pepper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All!
First post on this site.

I recently found a packet of Burpee Tequila Sunrise seeds at a Home Depot near my home in Texas. I purchased them along with a few other pepper varieties. I had never heard of this type of pepper before but the name intrigued me so I took it home and started the germination!

As I was researching the pepper I could not find ANY information on either the Burpee website or Home Depot website (my searches came up with 0 results no matter what combination of words I used). I found minimal info on Rare Seeds and Seed Savers.

I also found very contradicting information regarding this pepper. The package and some sites show that it will become a thin long carrot shaped and orange colored pepper. Other places are stating that it produces bell pepper sized and shaped fruit that is purple.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience growing these peppers and what their results were. I am also curious as to why all the differing information I found online. Any tips would be helpful! Thanks!

Attachments

• 3.jpe
    3.jpe
    42.9 KB · Views: 444
  • tequila 2.jpe
    tequila 2.jpe
    27.5 KB · Views: 572
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It's just another hybrid pepper that has been commercialized with a proprietary name. What it looks like is another jalapeno off shoot

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What Chuck said, l think.

Where in the US do you live? I have trouble growing both hot and bell peppers to true maturity here in our short and often cool growing seasons. Ot doesnt get hot and sunny enough.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What Chuck said, l think.

Where in the US do you live? I have trouble growing both hot and bell peppers to true maturity here in our short and often cool growing seasons. Ot doesnt get hot and sunny enough.

I live in North Texas! Great area to grow and harvest delicious and hot peppers! Tequila Sunrise peppers are a more sweet variety, however.

Ask a Question