Technology

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I must confess I don't often use my Jukebox wallbox/ adaptor/i-Pod/Vintage hi-fi that much. Despite the fact that I've two of them.
I've two Rock-Ola 507 wall boxes from the seventies which I bought ten years ago when they were "cheap as chips."

P1010094.JPG

For those unaware, these are connected to a 25v transformer which provides the power and then to this

P1020278.JPG

This then in turn is connected to either of these.

P1030550.JPG

In turn, these are connected to my vintage tuner/amp and equaly vintage Goodmans Havant speakers.

P1020285.JPG

I can use this amp to play as well as the radio, either, records, cassette tapes, CDs or sound from DVDs (player under the TV) or the audio from the TV and a VHS tape recorder player.

I've an auto selector, but need a key to know which buttons to press.

P1020279.JPG

Making a selection on whichever box I have connected, makes the pulse sender give the adapter a signal to play a particular mp3 on the appropriate i-Pod (third generation second hand ones, battteries don't have to hold a charge as the adapter provides the power). "The adapter knows" which make and model of wall box you have by the code you give the i-Tunes play list.

Anyway, yesterday I tried to pay one and got nothing.

I assumed the boxes were working OK as I could here the pulse sender working. If they weren't, the problem could be anywhere in here.

P1030548.JPG

P1030549.JPG

So I checked the playlist on the iPod. It was all over the place. It's quite critical. You can have 160 different selections but the position on the playlist must match exactly the order of the three pages of the wall box.

So I had to re-programme it again. I've no idea why it had lost some tracks and refused to work. Maybe it does need some residual current to keep it alive.

P1030552.JPG

It gave me an opportunity to substitute a track I'd heard on TV the other day. I don't often add contemporary tracks.

This one.

Last edited:

Ask a Question