Tatton Park gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We had the morning off today and went for a walk around Tatton Park gardens, which is a local National Trust property. Haven't been there for ages! It's a huge place, the gardens themselves are massive, and there is a huge lake and deer park nearby which are free to walk around (but you have to pay for the gardens unless you are a NT member). There were loads of trees down following the recent storm, the tree fellers were hard at work when we were there! There was also a scarecrow festival for the children - they had a list of all the scarecrows and had to try and find them all :)

The walled garden - full of apple trees, they have so many different varieties:
Tatton Park 1.jpg

Inside the kitchen garden, we found this rather drunk looking jedi :D
Tatton Park 2.jpg

Darth Vader, raiding the veg patch:
Tatton Park 3.jpg

The main hall:
Tatton Park 4.jpg

Italian Garden in front of the main hall:
Tatton Park 5.jpg

Another shot of the main hall:
Tatton Park 6.jpg

Lovely heather - think I'm going to plant some in our garden this year, I love the colours:
Tatton Park 7.jpg

Inside the Japanese Garden:
Tatton Park 8.jpg

Panorama shot taken with my phone (nice handy feature!) of the Japanese Garden:
Tatton Park 9.jpg

Really pretty hellebore, I want some :)
Tatton Park 10.jpg

Reaction score
Wow, Becky! This place is magnificent and the pictures you took are so clear! Just amazing! Thanks for sharing this with us, I don't think I will ever have the chance to visit this place, but thanks to you I got to see a bit of it ;) Wait to see my pictures from the Netherlands (a lot tulips!).

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely pics Becky :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures with us, Becky! It's a truly gorgeous place, I'd love to see it in person.
Both scarecrows look so funny! I'm sure that Darth Vader scares all birds away, haha:LOL:
I love the hellebore in the last picture. Pink flowers always look very pretty:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Both scarecrows look so funny! I'm sure that Darth Vader scares all birds away, haha:LOL:

I thought of you when we were there Claudine - as we were leaving we passed another scarecrow with funny looking eyes, and a family were walking past with their little Yorkshire Terrier - he was so scared of it! It made me chuckle because usually they are tough little fellas. He went past in the end but gave it a very wide berth!! :giggle:

Reaction score
Beautiful space and very nice pictures. I can't believe in the green grass, we are still buried in snow so it will be what seems like an eternity before anything is green, or even brown!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I thought of you when we were there Claudine - as we were leaving we passed another scarecrow with funny looking eyes, and a family were walking past with their little Yorkshire Terrier - he was so scared of it! It made me chuckle because usually they are tough little fellas. He went past in the end but gave it a very wide berth!! :giggle:
Awww! Poor little Yorkie!:love: I'm sure that my Homer wouldn't be scared of that scarecrow. He would attack it:LOL:. He always barks at new things in our garden and at everything that seems weird to him. He's very brave.
Only a mower can scare him:p

Reaction score
Great photos. My favorites are the ones of the Japanese gardens. It's pretty cool that they made Star Wars scarecrows. That must have been cool for the kids and the nerds.
What happens to the vegetables in the vegetable patch? Does the place have a restaurant or something?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Great photos. My favorites are the ones of the Japanese gardens. It's pretty cool that they made Star Wars scarecrows. That must have been cool for the kids and the nerds.
What happens to the vegetables in the vegetable patch? Does the place have a restaurant or something?

They sell them in their own shops and local shops too - the kitchen garden is huge! In fact the whole place is huge, they have an army of gardeners ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
The fourth stop on my virtual garden tour of the Forum's public garden threads is Tatton Park Gardens in Cheshire, England.
How nice it would be to rest beside this tranquil teahouse in the sun.
Partner-Garden-Tatton-Park.jpg

Ask a Question