Tart cherries fruit juice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Our tart cherry tree always has a bumper crop We try to make good use of these cherries. And one way is to bottle fresh juice. There is a simple way - my own discovery :p

Take a clean glass or plastic container with a lid. Wipe cherries - do not wash. The ratio cherries to sugar is 2:1. Fill the container half. Place the lid. Shake it well and put it in the fridge. Keep in the fridge for 7 days or until the sugar melts and you see the juice drained out cherries floating on top. You need to shake the container for all the days. Throw away cherries. The concentrate is now ready. Add a liquid preservative. It can last over a year. May be this procedure could be used for other tart fruits. I do that for star gooseberries.

cherryjuice.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds like a great recipe. If I had tart cherries, I'd definitely try it out. I'm sure this juice is very tasty and healthy:)

Ask a Question