Tall evergreen next to house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I hope you're all well.

I would like to plant an evergreen shrub or tree or hedge for privacy that will ideally grow at least 6ft high. The problem I have is that where I want to plant it will be up against my house and very close to a front window, so I would like it to be as thin as possible one way so it doesn't grow across the window, and obviously also safe to be planted right next to the house without damaging foundations with roots etc.

Any ideas please? Thank you.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1596139222592.png
Hi @ZoeZoeZoe I would suggest a pyracantha (firethorn) Although it would need to be pruned to shape from time to time it is a good plant to grow against a wall and around a window..... not only that, you can choose red, orange or yellow berries, which are very valuable food for birds. Any tree would be a problem that close to the house.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Tetters, yes I agree with you, I think planting a tree so close was wishful thinking. The Pyracantha is a great idea. Thank you very much.

Ask a Question