Swiss Chard seedlings drooping

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, I am new to indoor gardening and I am trying to start a little hydroponic farm, and I decided to start off with swiss chard since it is said to be the easiest plant to grow. However, I am having a bit of trouble growing it because the seedling keeps on drooping downward. I do not know if it is my grow light bulb, or if it is too close or too far or it's getting to much water or not getting enough nutrients but it is only one inch tall so far and it's starting to fall over. I have not bought nutrient solution yet as I read somewhere that when they are seedlings they do not need as many nutrients until they get bigger. So my questions are, is lack of nutrients what is causing my plants to droop ( if not what is )? And what is a good cheap nutrient solution for vegetables that would help my swiss chard grow ( name brand or link to buy online would be nice )?
IMG_20170821_220539.jpg
IMG_20170821_220508.jpg
IMG_20170821_220518.jpg

I do have a lid that I put on top which I think helps some of the light to be less intense and humidity in because when I take it off, I noticed the leaves turning a bit brown/black on the ends which looked like it was getting burnt. I am also growing them in sponges as a substitution for Rockwool ( roots visible at the bottom ). And the water level is just above the bottom of the net cup. Please help...I have very little to no experience indoor gardening, especially with hydroponics.

Ask a Question