Suttons - Apalling company

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else had problems with Suttons? Judging by various review sites I would say quite a lot of people!!

Ordered numerous plants in stock on website, dispatch in 3 days. 2 weeks later nothing arrived. Was told after 1 week in phone call they were picked ready for dispatch. THIS WAS A LIE!!
1 week later numerous items had been cancelled without notification as out of stock, so obviously not picked!
1 further week and still nothing! A further phone call and was told they had been delivered, although their own tracking system showed this was ANOTHER LIE.
Then told, sorry all items are now out of stock.
Weeks later and without notification ALL CANCELLED, and now too late the purchase from anywhere else.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT YOUR PLANTS TO ARRIVE. I would suggest from my experience and many other people's!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like the problem I had with Thompson & Morgan: I ordered a serotina honeysuckle from them and had to cancel after it wasn't even despatched after two weeks+ what annoyed me was it didn't tell me how long it would take until after I paid for it then it said over a month just to despatch :banghead: Anyway after I complained I got my refund ok with no fuss by the next morning and ordered one off an ebay seller; that one arrived in fantastic shape within two or three days.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
then it said over a month just to despatch
Well, they couldn't dispatch it before it had rooted :)

I remember an enthusiastic young new gardener on the allotments talking about all the great things he was going to grow. One of the old boys there looked at him and said "You've been reading the Thompson and Morgan catalog haven't you." From the look on his face it was obvious he had. I haven't looked at one for a few years, but it always used to be that everything in it had 'Large and well formed, succulent fruit, produced in abundance on any type of soil.'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The missus wanted something from Waitrose the other day. I don't go in shops if I can help it, but they had several trolleys of plants outside so I walked round to look at them. There were trays where the plants were wilting, but there were also large lavenders in fair size pots that had dried out so much at some point half the foliage was black and dead, and the other half didn't look much better, I think they were asking about twenty quid for them, but at least you could see they were rubbish.
When I have pruned lavenders I have always made cuttings, and I have a few about the place, including a row beteen the lawn and the veg patch. I had an add up when I got home, at Waitrose prices they would cost me about £1,500, except mine are healthy and worth having.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amndwltns01

Latest Threads