Superfood Lettuce being developed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Personally, I prefer to stick to all natural vegetables and fruits. I do not want lab-developed ones because I do not know if they have side effects that may show themselves in the future. I do hope though that this will benefit other people. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Will this lettuce taste like blueberries?:p It would be funny.
Like Helagumamela, I prefer natural fruits and vegetables. In my opinion they're the healthiest. Eating artificial foods seems risky to me.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like my food natural as well. Why are they always trying to create a super food. Lets keep it simple. The food has been manipulated enough.

Reaction score
The link did not work, it seems the page is down. Based on what you said they are trying to "create" a super lettuce, sounds like they are involved in genetic engineering, which I am against 100%. I want only non-GMO foods, foods that God made, not foods that man tampered with. When you try to play God and mess around with the genetic structure of an organism, something will go wrong. We may not know how harmful it is, but it's never good.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Headfullofbees beat me to it...the vast majority of things that we think of as "natural" today have been modified and toyed around with and improved by man for years now. I'm not hesitant to try it, and if it can be used widely and help fight hunger all the better.

Bee

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Yes I agree..I would rather stick to non GMO fruits and vegetables.The best produce to eat is from your local farms and at farmers markets.

Reaction score
As there is no such thing as a " superfood " and there is no credible scientific evidence to support any of the outrageous and misleading claims - that eating any of the many " superfoods " would be beneficial to anyone's health and this very misused term is used purely as a marketing tool to encourage people to buy certain foods - for the sole purpose of increasing the sales of those foods to line the pockets of those that stand to benefit from the increased sales.

In answer to the question - this is not something that I will be eating - as I don't eat " superfoods ", gmo, processed foods or in fact any food that contains chemicals or additives and don't plan to either - for the simple reason that there really is no better way of looking after your health - than eating a healthy and varied well balanced diet full of all natural foods - as that in itself contains all the nutrients that the body needs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The reason why I'm not a fan of GMOs is because the alteration causes instability in the genetics of the modified food crop. There's current research in GMO food being broken down and its affects to the human gut flora (intestinal bacteria that helps with digesting food). The current rise in issues with food allergies and FODMAP and certain food intolerance are also possibly linked to GMOs.

Last edited:

Ask a Question