Sunset maple

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am not sure whether my sunset maple is growing properly. I thought the fall leaves shall be red instead of orange. Anything wrong ? It has been like these for the past few years.
CADD3C07-7EA1-4BE4-A40C-219AC2863B1F.jpeg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
If it's growing well the rest of the year, it should be alright, it's probably just the temp when the leaves start to turn colour.
Someone else might know more.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The leaves do not look like the Japanese maple. Maybe I need to put some rich soil around the root next Spring?:unsure:

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If it's growing well the rest of the year, it should be alright, it's probably just the temp when the leaves start to turn colour.
Someone else might know more.
Thanks. Maybe it is the temperature not cold enough? However I do see some very red maples in my neighborhood. Maybe it is similar to “ the Neighbor’s lawn is greener”. In my case, it is “ the neighbor’s sunset maple is redder”?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. Maybe it is the temperature not cold enough? However I do see some very red maples in my neighborhood. Maybe it is similar to “ the Neighbor’s lawn is greener”. In my case, it is “ the neighbor’s sunset maple is redder”?
You can get different colours.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As @Logan has indicated, there are loads of Maple varieties, and if you actually bought that one under the name ''red'' you bought it with the wrong label on it. I don`t think you will be able to alter the colour - it will do as it has always done I`m afraid.
You cannot call a dandelion by the name rose :oops:

Ask a Question