Suggestions for my fern-brick-wall.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
Netherlands
I've been growing native (city-dwelling) fern species for the past year in a wall that I constructed from old bricks and other garbage, I've got pretty much every native species that you can find in the city growing in it besides A. ceterach so I'd like some suggestions on what to do next.

NlcAsEL.jpg

KqfAe87.jpg

4oD2IEL.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks very nice! I love ferns. It's difficult to tell from the photo - how much soil is there?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
Netherlands
Looks very nice! I love ferns. It's difficult to tell from the photo - how much soil is there?
they don't need a whole lot, but there's about 4 inch wide worth of soil in it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It would look really nice to see a climber on the fence, but I don't know about any varieties which are native to the Netherlands. Maybe a type of ivy?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
Netherlands
It would look really nice to see a climber on the fence, but I don't know about any varieties which are native to the Netherlands. Maybe a type of ivy?
already planted Parthenocissus 'Veitchii' and a wild Lonicera periclymenum against it.

I've got too much ivy in my garden already, check the showcase on it.

Ask a Question