suggestions for a fall vegetable garden

Reaction score
My husband and I are getting ready to start a fall vegetable garden. We live in North Florida, so we have a few months left before there is a chance of a freeze. What are your top picks for easy to grow fall vegetables for beginners?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

I plant Land Cress, Lambs Lettuce, Mizuna, Purple Sprouting Broccoli & Yellow Mustard for overwintering crops, your season is probably longer than ours so you'd probably get a crop of Carrots & Beetroot in.

Leave the Garlic planting till October, that'll let the roots develop over winter.

Reaction score
Also try Kale, Collard Greens, Arugula, Swiss Chard, Cabbage and Mustard Greens. I am assuming you are in zone seven, I've lived in North Florida.. "Jacksonville".

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
you could still grow tomato's and peppers there and eggplant does great in cooler weather .Tomato's and pepper will not flower when to hot .I grow mine this time of the year and just protect them at night .

Reaction score
I agree with the above posts. Lettuce and all its varieties grow well in cooler temperatures. They do not take long to mature. I would try something like that.

Ask a Question