Sugarcane juice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
We are at the peak of summer here. There is great demand for ice creams and juices. Sugarcane juice stalls are mushrooming everywhere.
There are sugarcane crushing machines. The juice is extracted along with lime and ginger to which crushed ice is added -a great thirst quencher.
Do you grow sugarcane in your country?

Sugar_Cane.jpg

Image credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sugar_Cane.jpg

Sugarcanejuice.jpg

Image Credit
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sugarcanejuice.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Real quality can stalks. We seldom get the juice in our cold climate. As far as I know no company cans the stuff and the canes don't ship well. I like the raw cane and the juice and partake when I visit the Caribbean.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Real quality can stalks. We seldom get the juice in our cold climate. As far as I know no company cans the stuff and the canes don't ship well. I like the raw cane and the juice and partake when I visit the Caribbean.

Fresh juice is what we have here - it tastes great with a touch of ginger and lime and ofcourse with crushed ice.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks good Grouie :)

Can only grow sugar beet over here.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Same here, lost me front tooth eating a pineapple

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Those are some talk stalks you got there! We also grow sugarcane here in Sweden, but I believe it's not really one of our main produce. We mostly produce forest products such as timber, paper, and maybe barley, wheat, millet, etc.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What are your teeth made of that a pineapple can do that to you View attachment 5801

Upper tooth went the wrong side of the lower teeth when I bit into it, killed the tooth off so I pulled it out :(

Everyone thinks i've been in a fight now :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Those are some talk stalks you got there! We also grow sugarcane here in Sweden, but I believe it's not really one of our main produce. We mostly produce forest products such as timber, paper, and maybe barley, wheat, millet, etc.
Upper tooth went the wrong side of the lower teeth when I bit into it, killed the tooth off so I pulled it out :(

Everyone thinks i've been in a fight now :D
thinking aemoticon.gif

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My area does not get warm enough for sugar cane. The pictures you posted look great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
Do you grow sugarcane in your country?
No. But it is very popular around here, can be found at almost anywhere food or drink is offered.

Sadly, I cannot remember the last time I drink it but I remember its taste very well! It is somewhat "risky" to drink it but it is yummy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
When I lived in Louisiana in the mid 80's their was lots of sugar cane. grown in the south,they used to burn off the fields,and smoke would stop traffic on major highways .they also had rice/crawfish fields (ponds)

Ask a Question