Stringing up my Tomatoes

Reaction score
Later on today I will be stringing up my tomatoes. We have one grape tomato and one cherry tomato in large pots on the front porch. Well they are growing like gangbusters. They have both outgrown the bamboo sticks we had been using to hold them up. I am going to incorporate a string system from the top of the porch down to the top part of the railing and see if I cannot prop/tie them up this way. The cherry tomato plant has several tomatoes on it. I am hoping that the grape will start producing as well. I am really happy at how fast they have grown.

I just love my tomatoes!

Reaction score
They do quickly once they start getting some warmer consistently. Tomatoes love it hot and once they get a taste of the heat they grow like gang busters.

Reaction score
@firelily99 yes they love the heat they are getting right now. I am very happy at how they are turning out. Lots of little tomatoes on the plants right now.

Reaction score
My beefsteaks just started to turn red, though I am trying a different approach this year by not using any kind of support to hold them up, luckily it seems that the beefsteak plants only get a certain height and then begin to produce, not like sweet 100s that you need to string them up. I love tomatoes too!

Ask a Question