Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
String Trimmer or Weedwacker
Posted on May 30, 2021 by Durgan
https://greenworks.weedtrimmer.biz/21142-straight-shaft-electric-string.html Greenworks 21142 10 Amp 18-in Straight Shaft Electric String Trimmer
Greenworks 10 Amp 18-Inch Corded String Trimmer, 21142 Price around $100.00
I bought this weedwhacker and found it to be a marvel. After having several gasoline smaller types this one is a revelation. It operates on 120 Volts. After determining how to wind the replacement string operation is straightforward. It uses 0.080 string and has a large cutting swath, automatic string advance, also manual. I was cutting vegetation about 15 inches high and it made the job easy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
@Durgan - I had a 120 VAC corded string trimmer that was great. But it broke and my new yard is too large for a cord to drag around. My inlaws gave me a Stihl and the previous owner left a Echo trimmer - both gas. I had both working last year but lost patience this year.

Today I went out and bought the Dewalt 20 V Max cordless string trimmer and it runs so nicely. One of the main selling factors for me was this is the same battery system as my cordless tools run on.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I have just under half an acre. Not all cultivated garden. I have a plug in rototiller and now a whacker. I like both. I have about 100 feet of number twelve cord. I dislike batteries due to longevity.

I got so fed up with starting modern gasoline engines. Nobody can fix them and it gets expensive and loss of time taking for repair.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Nobody can fix them and it gets expensive and loss of time taking for repair.

And the kids may learn some new ways to string words together when I am trying to get them to start. At this point the big snowblower and the cars are the only gas powered things we have.

Ask a Question