"Strictly"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This show is always the most popular one on British TV each year and runs for three months.

One of the contestants was Joe Suggs, a serial YouTube uploader with many millions of followers.

He was partnered with Australian professional ballroom dancer Dianne Buswell.
As well as his other regular uploads, he started a video diary recording their progress each week. showing himself and Dianne watching the clips he made of his training during the previous week cmmenting on and criticising his mistakes, concluding with the inclusion of their actual performance on the Saturday show.
When he started making them he had no idea how far they would progress, but they made it to the final.

For "people watchers" it's noticable the development of their personal relationship during the many videos. The media picked up on it but they always denied any involvement... That was until after the series concluded, when "they came out."

The videos were always uploaded on Tuesdays and get over half a million hits eah time. The final one is expected tonight.

I'm a sucker for a happy ending. I hope it lasts.

Here's the first video he made early in the series, on 4th of October, he mostly records them in his home, the others follow on if you let them run. I'd no idea of their existence until someone mentioned it to me on Sunday. I found them very amusing.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Youtube follower numbers might not be genuine. Sometimes, they probably buy the number games or youtube helps flashing their video trailers to encourage people to watch them. There is a tracker in built to find out what videos we might like and watch.

Diane has left her partner to go with Joe! Another curse brought on by Strictly. It's very difficult for contestants not to stray, with the close physical contacts and integration of love scenes.

I think Joe has a charming personality as Diane said Joe was a machine and was very hard working. Hope it lasts. But who knows who is going to partner with Diane! next year!

Very pleased that neither Faye or Ashley won as that will make a mockery of the word journey! Both Joe and Stacey have had a meaningful journey. I would be very happy if Joe won and will tell Craig RH where to go!

As Faye said, they were invited to the show by the BBC and she said why not, it's a beautiful show! Quite right, Sassy and glitzy dresses and some of them looked so unique and difficult to make. Anybody who has had danced before would love to join a show like that as donning dresses like those would cost a packet in real retail! The camaraderie is second to none! Good show and the judges have been better than those before!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qcurrys

Latest Threads