Stressed avovado and syngonium podophyllum

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
After my trip of two weeks, my office plants are not doing well.
The arrow head is floppy.
The avocado is depressed.
Especially for the floppy arrow head, I don't know if I should repot it so it is upright, or if that will introduce more stress. Similarly it sure what to do with the avocado. They are both indoor plants. Any advise?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 286

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The avocado looks like it would like to go outside. Did someone water it while you were gone?

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Brandie,

I don't think anyone watered them the last two weeks (technically 17 days). They are very unhappy now :(

The ones at home (also indoor) seemed to be doing OK. Lots of mini-mosquitos waiting for me to smash :(

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have two very large Avos and a ton of cactus (California). We water the avacado every two weeks (very arid climate-drought conditions) around the drip line. So I truly think putting both in larger containers with the proper soil (cactus mix) and for now.... Put them outside in a shaded spot until they recover. We also water the cactus every 3 months to never. The cactus might be a goner if it's rotted to the core. You can cut the stem with sterile scissors and see the inside. Once you do that, if it's not rotted, you can let the top portion dry out and callous on the end, then stick in dirt. Water once and forget about it.

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oops! The cactus wasn't your post. I apologize for that. The top plant looks like it needs a drink, a little bit of filtered sun and probably going to lose a lot of its leaves, but will likely grow back with some trimming and tlc maybe a boost of superthrive. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Russian Federation
You can try to wear on top plastic bag ( not black) for the preservation of wet climate around the plant. For about an once week. It looks like a mini greenhouse. Sometimes it helps for sick dry plant.

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Brandie and Elena. I will try the mini-greenhouse on them. Hopefully they bounce back.

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
My office avocado bounced back after watering, but my other one at home is not doing too well :(
I think it might be from overwatering? I tried to cut back the watering until the soil is completely dry but the new leaf still have the same issue. I tried to leave as little leaf in the plant now but it is definitely a unhappy plant :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 215

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Belmont,
Yes it definitely got a lot of sunlight.
My other two in the same room were doing just fine.
It think they are 9 months old or so...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 234
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
The only thing I can thing of, is pull it out and make sure the roots are okay. If it was overwatered for a while they may have begun to rot. Shot in the dark, but thats all that comes to mind. If possible change the soil too

Ask a Question