Streptocarpus Care

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
I had a question about my streptocarpus plant and will attach a photo. One leaf has turned a brown fuzzy color and some of the other leaves have spots starting on them.
Thanks!
44339C72-AB4C-4A9F-A807-72767AF51849.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes there's a problem with the leaf, but it will be hard to tell anything without a photo of the whole plant in the container showing the soil.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Take your hand and put your two fingers between the stem and the soil and very gently tip the plant over and get a look and feel of the roots. If the roots are mushy and wet then that's the problem, too wet. If the soil wants to crumble when you tip it out that could mean it's too dry in the pot. If its been too wet for a long time, then the oxygen will have been cut off, and you could have a fungus. Give it a look

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks! It definitely felt wet at the roots and it hadn’t been watered for awhile so I think that was the problem. I took a bunch of the soil out and repotted it in drier soil. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work. And I’ll just have to water it less often.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Think you have overwatered! You could cut some good leaf bits and use the leaf /leaves to propagate. Looks like a Layla Blue. Streps like it MOIST, but not wet. I remember I shut some strepts inside a plastic white shoebox and as there was condensation, the poor thing lived for one whole year in my extremely hot and cold lean to. Google youtube and you will have some good advice. Also, raise the crown a bit and only water when the soil is dry or leaves showing sign of wilting. It's usually water and bugs which kill the beauties. Add some perlite into the compost might help.

Ask a Question