Strange thing that my vine/bush did

Reaction score
I have this vine/ bush that did the strangest thing a few months ago. It produced a seed pod that looked like a large green bean. This by itself would not be strange. What is strange about this seed pod, however, is the fact that it has only happen once. I have many of these plants all around the outside of my house that have all been growing there for about 12 years. This was the first and only time that I have ever seen this seed pod. The plant flowers and grows fine but it has never done this before nor has it occurred since. Has something like this happened to any of you where a plant did something only once over a long period of time? What do you think could be the cause of this?

I will post a picture of the plant in identification forum soon. It is a vine that will climb your walls and try to root into the side of your house. I have to go pull it off the side and trim it often so I would have noticed any other seed pods if they happened to grow. I like the plant because it gets beautiful white flowers that smell very good even from a distance.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
That does sound like a work of mother nature, something for you to enjoy and move on. Who knows what could have made the plant sprout just one seed pod after all of the time you have had it. May even be one of those things that only happens after a certain time period has passed like the bugs that sleep for years then come out for a few weeks and are gone again.

Ask a Question