Strange growth pattern

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Good day fellow gardeners!

This is my first post here, perhaps I can tap into the experience and expertise here to get some insight.

Some of my plants (one is an Arum lily), have exhibited some strange growth patters. They start off growing quite strongly, then at some point, the plant "collapses" and then starts growing "normally" again. The arum lily never does, and it even flowers, with the stem with the flower lying on the ground. It's kind of hard to explain, I've attached photos for context.

This area of the garden is terraced and has been filled up wuth sand. Since I moved in, I've added compost, etc.

Perhaps this is due to nutrition of the plants?
20220830_085856.jpg
20220830_085820.jpg
20220830_085631.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think the succulents are responding to an abundance of water. It's not over-watering so much as plenty of water. They're growing so big, so fast that the stems can't keep up with the weight of the new growth. Don't worry about it. If you want more upright plants, reduce the watering.

Ask a Question