Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I water my Day Lilies during the winter which are planted in the ground. I didn't really know why, the article suggests the plants should be watered during winter to keep the roots from drying out completly. Also the potted plants should be watered because they do not get the benefit of the rain or melting snow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Country
United States
I didn't house my hostas inside last winter and they didn't bloom at all this year. With them being perennials I just assumed they would grow back. I bought some new ones and I think I will try this method with the mulch. We get enough rain and snow that I wouldn't need to water them. Thanks for the link it was very helpful kevinkimers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In winter, I keep most of my plants in the attic. My parents have a garage and I'm sure they would let me use it, but in my opinion it's not the best place for plants. It's dark and cold. Not to mention that cars pollute the air there.

Ask a Question