Stolen Fuchsias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone Else had any plants stolen from the front garden? Just found three fuchsias have gone so annoyed so disappointed can't believe anyone would steel plants?
I live in Purley SURREY.

Reaction score
Stolen? How very tacky!

Now I have taken CUTTINGS, but it takes a great deal of nerve to take the entire plant! Even if I was that dishonest - which I am not - I think I would be afraid to take an entire plant! The neighbors would look at me funny for YEARS if I were seen!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I haven't had plants stolen from the garden, but a woman tried to take six rooted rose cuttings from my frame house. When we lived in town I had lots of people tour our garden, and once two women asked to see it. One was very talkative and kept moving away from the frame house where rooted cuttings and seedlings were kept. Her friend had a very large purse, and suddenly I didn't see her. When I finally abandoned the one, and went to search out the other woman, I found her in the frame house carefully putting potted roses in her bag. Needless to say, I got my roses back and those two fled for their lives!
Funny thing is, if they had simply asked, I would have given them the roses!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums Ruby :)

I had a ceramic sink stolen from my garden. No plants though.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Never had that happen before thankfully - the cheek of some people! :eek:

Anyway, welcome aboard Ruby :).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stolen? How very tacky!

Now I have taken CUTTINGS, but it takes a great deal of nerve to take the entire plant! Even if I was that dishonest - which I am not - I think I would be afraid to take an entire plant! The neighbors would look at me funny for YEARS if I were seen!
Hi I know the nerve of some people. I just went out to do some weeding and thought where is my other three fuchsias gone I know I planted five? I couldn't believe it I thought am I imagining this,then I realised that no I wasn't.
I was so disappointed as it takes a lot of effort to get these things planted doesn't it.
Thanks a lot for your reply anyway take care.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And I thought I live in a bad neighborhood :) Stolen plants? That is new to me but it could be that the fuchsia flowers are just too beautiful to resist. The kids in my neighborhood would destroy them, but won't take them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello Ruby!:)
It's really awful that someone stole your fuchsias! Some people are unbelievable:confused: When I was a kid, a weird man tried to steal our boxwood, but our neighbor scared him off. I still remember her running with a broom across the street:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I noticed some of my softball size round rocks in one of my dry creeks getting thin.
I caught a very young new neighbor boy taking them to his house one by one

I had a little talk with him and he left them alone after that

Reaction score
So sorry to hear that, Ruby and welcome to the forum! It's hard to believe, but yeah, some people do steal plants! It's very sad and disappointing... if this keeps happening you could try one of those cameras you can control with the PC. Not expensive at all and it'd help solve the mystery. Just an idea tho, I hate getting things stolen from me... some idiot stole one of our garden decorations... made of stone, lol.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would never steal from another person even a plant. I do ask for cuttings from plants I like and most people are happy to give them to me.

Reaction score
I love the brightness of Fuchsias, but they simply do not grow here. The winters are too cold.

I grew up in California, which does not get hard freezes, and the Fuchsia plants will grow 8 feet tall! My sister and I used to make ballerina dolls out of them by removing all but 2 of the stamens to serve as feet, and then we would make them dance.

I HATE that you have lost some of yours!

Ask a Question