Stirrup Hoe

Reaction score
I overheard a gardener in a store talking about a steerrup hoe and that she was looking for a new one because her old one broke. The store didn't have one. What is a steerrup hoe and how do you use it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I overheard a gardener in a store talking about a steerrup hoe and that she was looking for a new one because her old one broke. The store didn't have one. What is a steerrup hoe and how do you use it?
A stirrup hoe, sometimes called a hula hoe or push pull hoe is an excellent weeding tool. I have a fair sized garden and this tool is a must. No more bending over and pulling weeds. You just walk along pushing and pulling it. It either pulls the weed out of the ground or it cuts it off below ground level. Google it

Reaction score
Haven't heard of this but I am not a big hoer. Could someone post a photo of one? I have probably seen it but it may have been called something else.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
This is the one I have:

image01.jpg

Ask a Question