Stink Bug

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
What do you recommend to successfully combat the Stink Bug on tomatoes.

Attachments

• tomato - stink bugs - 06.jpg
    tomato - stink bugs - 06.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 40
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This thread will help @SeniorCitizen .... @Chuck knows all about Stink bugs :happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What do you recommend to successfully combat the Stink Bug on tomatoes.
Adult stink bugs are very difficult to even kill much less control. Pyrethrins work well as a contact spray and so does spinosad but kill is not immediate. The secret to controlling adults is to kill the babies or even better kill the eggs. If you grow cucurbits look on the underside of the leaves for the eggs. If the eggs have hatched there will be dozens of orange and gray looking insects that resemble aphids. These are easy to kill with spinosad. If they haven't hatched they are a brownish egg usually deposited in a geometric pattern. There can be as many as 100 eggs. I kill the eggs with the old tried and true thumb and forefinger method but Neem works great on the eggs as well. It doesn't work to spray the fruit with anything that I have found. The only method I have found that really works is to just walk around in the garden spraying them individually.

Ask a Question