Still white **** all over but the Garden center has come to life! -

Reaction score
The local garden center has taken out the left over Christmas ornaments and replaced them with gardening equipment, seeds, plant food!!.

I am so excited as my artichokes are growing well but were reaching the point where they were going to fizzle out without food.

Do your garden centers carry essential garden supplies throughout the winter? I have a fuchsia plant with aphids and my aphid killer was old, I've had to give it a shower every few days and rub the aphids off to keep the plant alive until the store got the gardening supplies in!

Some of us refuse to give in to winter and want a garden supply center to be that all year round. I can understand ONE portion of the store being used for other things at times, but to not have hardly any essential garden items hurt this year.

Today the aphids die!

Reaction score
The Walmart garden center near me is pretty big, but that doesn't matter because over the holidays ,the garden center was packed with christmas decorations and kids toys.
I couldn't even find potting soil in there and had to trek down to Home Depot. I agree that they should at least have some basic gardening supplies, even during the holidays.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I guess I'm lucky, because in my area, there is a gardening section in every supermarket and they sell everything I need during winter too. It's pretty convenient:) Yesterday, I bought potting soil and a fertilizer for my roses:)

Ask a Question