Stihl blower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a still br350 blower and wondering if its a good idea upgrading to the br800 is it worth the upgrade would i notice much difference? And i most use my blower for domestic propertys thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi i have a still br350 blower and wondering if its a good idea upgrading to the br800 is it worth the upgrade would i notice much difference? And i most use my blower for domestic propertys thanks
I am in the market to buy a leaf blower and I did a little research between the two. The 350 blows 436 cfm with an average of 167 mph. The 800 blows 900 cfm with a top end of 230 mph. I will probably get the 350 but I am also checking other brands. Unless you are doing parking lots or something similar I don't see the 800.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dont really do parking lots just the domestic gardens lots of leaves etc i have had the 350 for about 5 years just thinking its time to upgrade

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I dont really do parking lots just the domestic gardens lots of leaves etc i have had the 350 for about 5 years just thinking its time to upgrade
If maintained Sthil equipment lasts a LONG time. I have had the same chainsaw going on 20 years and use it quite often although it is not my favorite as I have numerous saws. But unless you want to spend $700+ I'd keep the 350 until it died.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The 350 get serviced at the start of every season the strap keeps snapping on the 350 thats why i was thinking of upgrading cnt seem to source new straps

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ran a landscape business for many years and use alot of equipment. Sometimes the machines would run 10 hrs a day with just a few breaks. I had problems with Stihl Blowers carburetors and had to put em in the shop all the time. Plus I only use pre-mixed 50:1 Pro-mix fuel from large drums. When I stopped using Stihl and started using ECHO blowers and weed eaters, I never had to go to the shop again. Now I get about 8 to 10 years on my blowers and weed eaters and I have one now is way over 10 years old and still blowing. .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I never had any problems with my stihl blower just the strap has snapped i get my blowers service every year and just mix the two stroke myself i have had this model for about five years just looking to upgrade as i cant get the straps anywhere

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
If you are moving leaves get the big boy. it is twice as fast. I have a mid to upper range older stihl backpack and it still takes a while. Stihl has commercial and resi grade gear. the commercial grade carbs do well. The resi grade sucks. I have maybe 12 pieces of stihl and things like the demo saw and the back pack blower i do not mess with that often. Pole saw is 4mix and its ok. fs85x trimmer is on its 15th carb or so. the mm55 yard boss is pretty good, no major effort there.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would you say the 350 is a mis range ? I did have one of the stihl combi tools and i had nothing but problems with it was always in the shop getting fixed i would be lucky for it to work at all i have quite a few stihl items but that combi has got to be the worsed took i have ever had everything else seem great

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yeah the air sealing on the residential grade is the biggest weak point. The carb kits include these cheesy pieces of cardboard for a gasket. The valve membranes hold up good, but those gaskets are too cheap and leak at some point.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the full time i have the combi kit it worked once had to bin it it was that bad so i just stay away from stihl combi tools the rest of the stihl tools have been fine no problems

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you should take 800 one. It would be stronger and faster, I think you'll notice the difference in using that. I had 350 but it was damaged for my fault and I didn't want to repair it, so I bought 800. I am glad about it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah a purchase the 800 a few months a go i did fond it much better than the 350 only downside i have found is its so much bigger the the 350

Ask a Question