Stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Just a thought. I am a great lover of books, especially books on science and horticultural subjects. Might we have a book section. Also. To help all concerned. Could an area be defined to pic/illustrations of, pruning,bugs and suchlike.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Mike Allen, thanks for the suggestion - what sort of thing did you have in mind? A new forum section dedicated to books, or a "sticky" thread all about it?

I'm always cautious about adding new forum sections, as there needs to be a good demand to make it worth adding one, so it doesn't remain quiet. If there are any other book lovers here, please make yourself known :D. Maybe we can have a book thread dedicated to gardening subjects, then if it proves popular we can stick it to the top of the forum?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't wish it to be simply. My library list of books. I have tried when replying to members questions, to perhaps mention a book that could help them.
Perhaps we can see what members think about this.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are certainly few books I would like to add to such a thread. Some that have been invaluable during my horti career, and others that are good to curl up with on a winter's evening when the weather is bad.
I think Mike has come up with a good idea.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Let's do it then :D. As this is your idea, do you want to kick-start a new thread on this @Mike Allen, and we can then sticky it. I'm happy to create one for you if you'd like, but as you've got some ideas on how to start it, I think it may be best for you to show how it works :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Ian.
Considering this is a gardening forum, books that we might have in our library.. on horticulture. Then perhaps titles we may have read and enjoyed in the past, some of which we may have read more than once. A few words about each title will also be of interest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA zone 8, RHS rating H4-H5
Country
United Kingdom
I really like the idea of a Horticultural book thread, would be great! An area that interests me, but I have no idea where to start are autobiographical books by famous gardeners, I have quite a few reference books which are fantastic, but I'd absolutely love some "curl up with on a winter's evening" Horticulture books, as Tetters refers to them! :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've started a new thread for Mike....

Here

Please feel free to add any book discussion there :)

I'll be closing this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geeksleather

Latest Threads