Stay in place fair for bussiness in the USA?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I don't see how any lockdowns can work, given the population sizes, if I'm correctly understanding the idea of a lockdown.

No lockdown is going to kill off the virus (again, give the populations). If the population of the world was, say a million people, than I can see, possibly, a lockdown working, but with billions of people, there's just no way you're going to lockdown an entire country, much less the world for 2-weeks.

Everyone is talking about flattening the curve, but that doesn't mean the virus is gone. These things happen with just one person becoming infected, but there are still so many more people infected, even with a downward curve.

I think Sweden is doing it right.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Sweden is doing it right. New studies show a bit over 50% of the people get the virus recover with no symptoms.
Look up caroniavirus antibody study. As many as 1 in 5 in NY had the virus. That is a staggering number.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Ya Sweden has the right Idea. Let the fools kill them selves off and maybe they will some day have some who will out last it.

Seen the thing on sweden my self death rate nearly double what the countrys around them are having with a shut down.

Michigan is on a shut down not a lock down.

Al

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
A huge fallacy of the "stay in place" argument is being demonstrated through scientific study led by the USA's task force.

The data coming out shows a remarkable virus intolerance to sunlight and to a lesser extent humidity. The half life of the virus on the inside where there is no sunlight is orders of magnitude higher than when outside exposed to sunlight.

The half life of the virus is down to minutes ( 2 or less) outside vs days on the inside.

"Stay in place", "shelter in place"...not me, I'm getting outside in the sunshine every chance I get and spending my time in the garden, fishing, and doing exactly what I enjoy outside. No Government is going to stop me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Yes, Coronaviruses never like intense sunlight, heat or humidity. That fact about Coronaviruses was suggested early on by scientists, but investigating and expanding on that idea didn’t gain any traction until much later and it didn’t really fit the model for increasing the overall hysteria among the people.

I didn’t quite realize just how bad off we’ve become, but the virus isn‘t even close to being as scary as what the virus revealed about the severity of our decline as a free world leading and admirable nation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
"They" have a chart going around.
f042cf5.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Ya Sweden has the right Idea. Let the fools kill them selves off and maybe they will some day have some who will out last it.

Seen the thing on sweden my self death rate nearly double what the countrys around them are having with a shut down.

Michigan is on a shut down not a lock down.

Al
It's too early in all this to evaluate death rates and such. Yes Sweden does have a higher death rate of countries around them; however their death rate is lower than other countries.

Their death rate is from an apparent problem that they're looking into, see the article. But, like I said, too early to come to any conclusions. As of now they're approaching herd immunity.

Excerpt:

Elderly paying the price?
While the number of new cases appears to be declining, achieving herd immunity has proved controversial. Tacitly allowing the virus to spread (albeit having put measures in place to slow its spread) puts the elderly and people with existing health conditions at a greater risk of becoming seriously ill and, potentially, dying.

Tegnell conceded that the situation in Sweden’s care homes, which have seen the majority of deaths from the coronavirus, is worrying.
“The death toll is very closely related to elderly care homes. More than half of the people that have died have lived in elderly care homes.”
Tegnell said, adding that he and the Public Health Agency are “still very concerned about the elderly.”

“It’s the group we said we needed to protect,” he said, adding that the agency was working with homes to see what improvements could be made to lower risk factors.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Iceland also didn't do a lockdown, look at their death rate.

Iceland1,789100.6%2.83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

2 doctors going over the numbers. Hour long but worth it. Covers even the Sweden no change. If you want to go to the Swed part starts 13:25.

Ask a Question