Starting peppers now?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I'm in zone 10. I have to extra containers that I would like to plant peppers in. Can I do that now?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I started mine last week hoping to have a good start come April 1st. they currently growing in a Green tote of average size with 2 100 Watt CFL natural daylight bulbs as their light source. Cost me 6 bucks to make as i already had the surplus tote and a few light bulbs extra. The plants are a week old so far and some are already showing center leaf growth. I only have space for six so the others will be passed out to a few neighbors who also grow gardens. As long as you can keep them warm and well light there should be no problem starting them early.

Attachments

• DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 213
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Been two weeks since last picture. They doing great. Already found people wanting to adopt my extras. Still waiting for my tomato seeds to be delivered. I'm going to grow Delicious tomato this year and see how well they do.

Attachments

• DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 181

Ask a Question