Starting Early on the Lawn?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here in the Oklahoma, the winter has been extremely mild and we've been having 60 and 70 degree days (save for yesterday) for weeks. The lawn is starting to green up and I usually don't do anything to the lawn until mid to end of March. However, I'm thinking that I can probably start earlier this year with overseeding. I also want to know when would be a good time to aerate. The house we moved into had a lawn that hadn't been loved in probably 10 years so we are slowly getting everything back in shape.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here in the Oklahoma, the winter has been extremely mild and we've been having 60 and 70 degree days (save for yesterday) for weeks. The lawn is starting to green up and I usually don't do anything to the lawn until mid to end of March. However, I'm thinking that I can probably start earlier this year with overseeding. I also want to know when would be a good time to aerate. The house we moved into had a lawn that hadn't been loved in probably 10 years so we are slowly getting everything back in shape.
This has been a strange year with all of this spring like weather. I personally don't believe winter is over. You could gamble and start now but if you lose you have wasted all that money and work. I am going to wait another 3 weeks before committing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
We've only had one spring-like day so far (and it was glorious!) but it's been back to cold and wintery since that day. In fact, we got a light dusting of snow overnight...it was mostly melted by morning though. Hoping that the start of March will bring us some much anticipated warmer weather though. I'm ready for Spring even if my husband isn't looking forward to mowing all the time!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Serbia
Some strange weather here in Serbia. It is April and it is 27 degrees Celsius. Like the beginning of the summer. We have started to revive the garden which is relatively small and with boundaries because it is just half of the yard. The other half is basically ruins and it is not mine so I cannot do much. I could do some but I have no money right now. So, work in progress. Some Yucca trees are ready to shine and we will see if it is going to be of any good in the end.

Attachments

• 12321374_10208787160694039_8622426448530321069_n.jpg
    12321374_10208787160694039_8622426448530321069_n.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 241

Ask a Question