St Mary's Lighthouse - Northumberland

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I took some photos on a recent trip to see family in the North-East, and thought they were worth sharing! We've been to St Mary's Lighthouse many times, and it always looks different depending on the weather.

P1070364.jpg

P1070366.jpg

P1070368.jpg

P1070382.jpg

P1070387.jpg

By comparison, here's a photo I took of the same place when the tide is out!

IMG_0040.jpg

Reaction score
Beautiful pictures. I cannot tell from the the angle of the pictures but does the tide cover the roadway when it comes in?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What a gorgeous place! I love the lighthouse, it's so beautiful. I wish I could live there, it looks like a perfect place for me:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cor, I could fish that :)

The tide does cover the causeway Shellyann, only know that as I googled it to see where it is.

Cracking pics Becky:)

Jed

Reaction score
Lovely pics Becky.
Bumblebees love the colour blue has anyone else noticed this? Hang up your washing and they seem to be attracted to blue jeans.:)

Reaction score
Cor, I could fish that :)

The tide does cover the causeway Shellyann, only know that as I googled it to see where it is.

Cracking pics Becky:)

Why thank you zigs for the info. I wonder what it would feel like to be stranded there in the high tide during a storm..... Rather scary thought!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
What a beautiful spot and your photos are wonderful, Becky :) Fabulous captures of the lighthouse but I really like the nature shots!!

Reaction score
You took some beautiful photos. I especially like the closeup of the purple flower and the bee.
That lighthouse looks beautiful and well maintained.
But I agree that it sucks that there's no road sometimes.
Your photos look professional , like a lovely travel brochure.

Reaction score
Fantastic! I love light house photos! Never tire of them. I have a friend who is a wonderful amateur photographer and she takes pictures quite regularly of a lighthouse near her home. You're absolutely right....each day it's a little different, and every scene is just as lovely as the next!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm glad you liked the photos :) I like taking close up shots, the depth of field always makes it look good!

Reaction score
Those are beautiful! Thistle is a beautiful plant, despite how spiny it is. Your pictures compliment it so well! Nicely done.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm glad you liked the photos :) I like taking close up shots, the depth of field always makes it look good!

I have a photo of the Portland Headlight in ME...took it from the base, looking up. Pretty neat.

Ask a Question