JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Spring is here and has been here long enough for plants to start growing. It's great seeing some greenery come back, and I thought I'd share some photos of some of the plants I have growing.

Dianthus (Arctic Fire). I grew these from seed last year and I'm expecting them to bloom for the first time this year. I don't know much about them other than they look really cool in the photo I saw.
IMG_1472 copy.jpg

Gaillardia (Goblin). Gaillardia is my favorite flower and I have about 20 plants in my yard, most of which will bloom for the first time this year. While it's not a native plant, I'm including it in my native plant project in which I'm adding native, pollinator-friendly flowers to different areas in my yard.
IMG_1474 copy.jpg

Daylilies. I'm not sure what kind. It's a very dark orange. I have these along with Dianthus along the my pond's edge. I'd eventually like to replace these with native lilies.
IMG_1473 copy.jpg

Grape Hyacinth. They grow around the edge of my bog. It's the earliest blooming flower I have.
IMG_1475 copy.jpg

Also around the edge of my bog is Sweet Woodruff. It spreads quite a bit, but it's fairly easy to rip out and I really love how full they get. They should look great coming up out of this rotted log, as well as growing in between rocks I have along the edge of my bog.
IMG_1477 copy.jpg

In my bog, I have these Blue Flag Irises. They're a native plant which I'm glad about. The purple leaves turn green as they grow, but it looks cool while they're small, and the flower looks even better!
IMG_1480 copy.jpg

This one's Golden Queen Globeflower. The bright yellow flower is a great addition around my pond but the leaves themselves are a great feature. I'm also trying half of this plant in my bog this year.
IMG_1481 copy.jpg

Last is this pink variety of Columbine. This is another plant I'd like to eventually replace with the native type of columbine.
IMG_1478 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Italy
hi JB you had a beautyfull idea. I'm very courios to see the nice colours flowers
see you next days

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Very nice JB, spring must have really kicked it up a notch in Wisconsin. I have a few sedums showing their little heads and some yarrow greening up nicely, but the rest of the yard is still quite brown.

Reaction score
Beautiful shots, one can easily see how spring time is sneaking in ;) Subtly but surely! Loved every single of them! I'm personally not very excited to spend this spring and summer on this side of the world, but oh well, next year will be my year ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love spring:) It's a magical season!
Everything in your garden grows so quickly! Grape Hyacinths are one of my favorite plants, they're very pretty:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Nothing comes up here the way it does in your part of the world. We have to plant everything except the perennials.

Once everything starts blooming your place would surely be heaven!!!

Ask a Question