Spring is springing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It's a gorgeous day here in South Texas and while messing around in my garden this Giant Swallowtail flew in and enjoyed my Texas Mountain Laurel. Spring is definitely springing but hasn't sprung. It's supposed to frost/freeze Sunday and Monday just in time to wipe out my peach crop this year as most of my peach trees are in full bloom.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely Butterfly Chuck :)

We've got the same problem, working out in a T Shirt for 2 days in February is unheard of in the UK.

Still got plenty of time for frost damage yet :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Lovely Butterfly Chuck :)

We've got the same problem, working out in a T Shirt for 2 days in February is unheard of in the UK.

Still got plenty of time for frost damage yet :eek:
We have had so much spring like weather that it convinced many of our local native trees and shrubs that it is spring and they are acting accordingly. I guess I will have to get some later maturing low chill hour peaches.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Those photos are gorgeous @Chuck :) I hope the upcoming cold weather doesn't cause too much damage!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We have had so much spring like weather that it convinced many of our local native trees and shrubs that it is spring and they are acting accordingly. I guess I will have to get some later maturing low chill hour peaches.

Have you got enough fleece to cover the blossoms when the frost comes?

Ask a Question