Spring is Springing Early

Reaction score
Hey everyone !! I know very little about gardening, just your basic, "Oh that's pretty", buy it, put it in the ground and hope for the best. I am always open to learn how not to kill them.

Reaction score
I love mulch !! Just never been sure how much to lay, if it's suppose to be "fluffed up" the next year or replaced.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I fluff it up and turn it over for at least 2 years and then third year i need new and believe me it is a lot of mulch .I just got done building the fence

Attachments

• 2012 house 025.JPG
    2012 house 025.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 402
  • 2012 house 002.JPG
    2012 house 002.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 391

j.w

Reaction score
And it looks very nice sissy..........you are a good fence builder and mulch putter onner among many other things you do!
I love the way putting on at least 3" or 4" of mulch helps keeps the weeding down. I hate weeding! And don't anybody tell me it's relaxing and gives you all kinds of time to think about life, this that and the other...........bull pucky,lol!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We were gone one week, came back to weeds over a foot tall, darn things. I hate weeding with a passion, ordering more mulch tomorrow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No kidding pulled about 3 wagon loads today, more tomorrow, mulch going down soon. I wanted to wait on the mulch for my plants to start growing so I would not cover them up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
true weed pulling is no fun and hate weeds .I don't find it relaxing as I think the weeds are just laughing at me and they have a secret agenda ,grow faster

Reaction score
I usually fluff one year than add the next, but than, like I said, I never knew how much should go down. I obviously wasn't putting mine down thick enough. This year, I will put it down thicker. I don't have a lot of weeds, mostly those darn things with the prickly things on them. You have to wear gloves to pull them. Don't know if they are Dandelions or what. Oh, and those things that smell like onions !!! Long green stems. They are everywhere !!! Don't know how I got those things.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there Sunshine, welcome to the forums :)

Ask a Question