Spring is in the air

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Spring is almost here once again and I can really feel it in the air where I live. Are you looking forward to spring? What do you have planned this spring?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Yes! I'm so ready for winter to be done with, although we still have snow forecast for here today. Right now it's just rainy, cloudy and miserable though, which isn't much fun.

My favorite thing for spring here is the cherry blossom season. It's just beautiful - one of the things people here often do at that time is have what are called hanami parties, which is essentially a picnic under the cherry trees. It's wonderful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
Are you looking forward to spring?
No. I'm looking forward to winter.

It is the only time of the year we experience comfortable climate for a decent period (from May to September).

That is why it is my favorite season here, it is short and comfortable. :coffee:

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I am looking forward to spring even though I have pollen allergy (Spring is actually allergic season for me.) Spring is a good time for flowering plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spring is almost here once again and I can really feel it in the air where I live. Are you looking forward to spring? What do you have planned this spring?
The last few days here have been more nearly like summer. Not normal for us, for sure. Was not very long ago that thirty six inches of snow fell. Then came the melt and the mud, etc. It seems as if it took forever, but the ground is no longer like quicksand. Time to get to work!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have some major landscaping going on this spring. I planted a pink dogwood and a Stella cherry the other day just in time for this rain coming in. I'm hope the Stella will pollinate my Black Tartarian cherry this year. Also can't wait to see how my pruning I did over the winter works out for my trees since they've never been pruned in the span of 2-8 years (depending on tree) I've had them.

I also want to build another fishpond off a small natural rock cliff in my yard (hilly middle TN). I want something that flows shallow to a deep end where I can drop a pump large enough to get a nice wide and powerful rush of water down the rock. There is a creek in front of my house that has plenty of creek rock that is perfect for ponds and flower beds.

Ask a Question