Spring Flowers 2015

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Today is the first day of Spring (meteorlogically speaking) So I thought i would post a few pictures.
Adonis amurensis.jpg

Adonis amurensis flower. Sadly a snail ate all the other flowers.
CrocusandSnowdrops.jpg

Crocus and Snowdrops
Galanthus lady Elphinstone.jpg

Galanthus Lady Elphinstone
Galanthus Ophelia.jpg

Galanthus Ophelia
Scilla luciliae Valentine;s Day.jpg

Scilla luciliae Valentine's Day (syn Chionodoxa l.Valentine's Day).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WOW..these are gorgeous flowers and I can't believe you already have spring flowers blooming already! I wish I could rush our weather just a little bit forward to warmer temperature so I can see mine!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
No sign of spring yet , here in Canada, unfortunately. We are still seeing snow but I must admit, your photos really made me smile. I can't wait to see the crocuses and tulips pop their head out. Lovely photos!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Certainly would not get as good a set of images today, it is blowing a hooley and hail stones are falling. Strangely the sky is blue, the sun is shining and there are only small fluffy white clouds. Freeze ones assets today, that's for sure.

Reaction score
Awesome pics :D Thanks for sharing! What camera are you using? It takes excellent macros, I don't think those pics could be more clear than they already are :O Wonderful job, I almost feel like I'm right there! Beautiful little flowers :) Spring is almost here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Very nice Owdboggy. I see the majority of plants you are showing us are in pots. They are all quite lovely, and unusual to me living in the states. So my question is; Do you keep these plants in pots all year, or are they actually planted in the ground at some point in the season?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
These plants live in pots in the Alpine house. They are what you might call 'show' plants. However I no longer show them as I find the energy for it has long since gone. Having said that all of these will grow outdoors, here at least. The Saxifrages only need a well drained alkaline soil and protection from midday sun while the Corydalis is a woodlander and needs the same conditions as say Snowdrops. I do have many of these out in the garden as well as under cover.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Beautiful pictures. I was dreaming this morning about the crocus finally coming out. I must cover mine since a few rabbits visit and crocus is their first salad. Still a few weeks to go where I live.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I really like the "lady" one that I can't pronounce the name of in the first set of picctures. It is the yellow and white one. I have never seen one of those before and it looks so elegant.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
And some more Spring flowers.
P1260615.jpg

Pulsatilla grandis, I think.
P1260616.jpg

Scilla luciliae
P1260617.jpg

Scilla sibirica
P1260618.jpg