Spiders!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm an avid collector of Cacti and keep them in my conservatory most of the time, but I seem to constantly have spiders (no other bugs just spiders) crawling all over them and making webs across them.

Just wondering if anybody had any advice as to how to get rid of them aside from using a pesticide as I don't want to upset the plants.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What do these spiders look like? Spiders only eat insects and since you don't have any insects how do the spiders survive and why would they want to live on your cacti? This sounds more like spider mites what with the webs on the plants and if it is spider mites then you do have a problem. I would get a magnifying glass and look for tiny reddish colored insects to make sure

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm I will have a look at them using a magnifying glass, just need to buy one first! That's why I was so confused, because there seems to be no obvious food source and yet they're there quite a lot of the time.

Cheers for the reply!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Spiders are pretty much 100 percent beneficial (well at least if they are non-lethal).
It were me, I would remove them by hand or vacuum if they bothered me.

Ask a Question